The end of the semester is coming and it is time to break out the Espresso shots, panic, stress and a few tears because final exams are approaching. A lot of students stress about finals, but some don’t know how to prepare for or even how to study for them.
Here are some tips to get ready for finals.
- If you know that you have a final exam coming up, plan ahead so you have adequate time to study for each section of the test.
- Do not multitask. When multitasking, your mind is too busy focusing on one thing more than another. This can cause more stress.
- Keep a positive attitude. Keep smiling and remain positive throughout your day.
- Control your breathing. Stress can sometimes lead to anxiety. Take deep breathes and clear your mind.
- Put your phone away or on silent to remain focused on your studies.
- Make sure you are well-rested in order to stay awake and remain focused.
- Studying in a quiet, secluded space ensures noise and distractions will be at a minimum.
- Play relaxing music, like classical music, can help your mind focus and relax you.
- Set a study goal for how long you would like to study each day.
- Make a study table or guideline so you can keep track of what you need to know.
- Take short breaks in between studying to review all the information you gathered before studying more.
- If studying for more than one subject, take two-hour gaps in between studying different material.
Another problem that all students deal with is procrastination. We are all guilty of procrastinating. It is something we sometimes cannot control, but that does not mean that we have to continue doing it, especially as college students. Planning ahead is the main priority when it comes to not procrastinating. When you get an assignment or a project, you work on it day-by-day so that you do not have to try to start and finish it the night before it is due. If you get stuck on an assignment or project, do not wait until the last minute to ask for help. Get help soon before the project is due. Procrastination does not have to be an everyday thing. Following these tips is the best way to help ensure a smooth end of the semester, and to make sure you stay informed and prepared for all of your finals.